The following are
the resolutions vetoed by the United States during the period of
September, 1972, to May, 1990 to protect Israel from council
1. ....condemned Israel's attack against Southern against southern
Lebanon and Syria..."
2. ....affirmed the rights of the Palestinian people to
self-determination, statehood and equal protections..."
3. ...condemned Israel's air strikes and attacks in southern
Lebanon and its murder of innocent civilians..."
4. ....called for self-determination of Palestinian
5. ....deplored Israel's altering of the status of Jerusalem,
which is recognized as an international city by most world nations
and the United Nations..."
6. ....affirmed the inalienable rights of the Palestinian
7. ....endorsed self-determination for the Palestinian
8. ....demanded Israel's withdrawal from the Golan
9. ....condemned Israel's mistreatment of Palestinians in the
occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip and its refusal to abide by the
Geneva convention protocols of civilized nations..."
10. ....condemned an Israeli soldier who shot eleven Moslem
worshippers at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount near Al-Aqsa
Mosque in the Old City of Jerusalem..."
11. ....urged sanctions against Israel if it did not withdraw from
its invasion of Lebanon..."
12. ....urged sanctions against Israel if it did not withdraw from
its invasion of Beirut..."
14. ....urged cutoff of economic aid to Israel if it refused to
withdraw from its occupation of Lebanon..."
15. ....condemned continued Israeli settlements in occupied
territories in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, denouncing them as an
obstacle to peace..."
16. ....deplores Israel's brutal massacre of Arabs in Lebanon and
urges its withdrawal..."
17. ....condemned Israeli brutality in southern Lebanon and
denounced the Israeli 'Iron Fist' policy of repression...."
18. ....denounced Israel's violation of human rights in the
19. ....deplored Israel's violence in southern Lebanon..."
20. ....deplored Israel's activities in occupied Arab East
Jerusalem that threatened the sanctity of Muslim holy
21. ....condemned Israel's hijacking of a Libyan passenger
22. ....deplored Israel's attacks against Lebanon and its measures
and practices against the civilian population of Lebanon..."
23. ....called on Israel to abandon its policies against the
Palestinian intifada that violated the rights of occupied
Palestinians, to abide by the Fourth Geneva Conventions, and to
formalize a leading role for the United Nations in future peace
24. ....urged Israel to accept back deported Palestinians,
condemned Israel's shooting of civilians, called on Israel to
uphold the Fourth Geneva Convention, and called for a peace
settlement under UN auspices..."
25. ....condemned Israel's... incursion into Lebanon..."
26. ....deplored Israel's... commando raids on Lebanon..."
27. ....deplored Israel's repression of the Palestinian intifada
and called on Israel to respect the human rights of the
28. ....deplored Israel's violation of the human rights of the
29. ....demanded that Israel return property confiscated from
Palestinians during a tax protest and allow a fact-finding mission
to observe Israel's crackdown on the Palestinian intifada..."
30. ...called for a fact-finding mission on abuses against
Palestinians in Israeli-occupied lands..."-
Source: Paul Findley,
Deliberate Deceptions: Facing the Facts About the
US/Israeli Relationship (Chicago: Lawrence Hill,